Monday, May 5, 2008

First come teeth, then come boyfriends...


OH NO!  My little girl is growing up!  There was something awfully pokey in her mouth yesterday morning.  It was a tooth!  A little pearly white bump popped up through her lower gums.  Awww, no wonder she's been such a pill lately!  The hubby is convinced that the next step is a boyfriend!  Hmm... I figured we had a few years before we crossed that bridge!

So I am now a certified scuba diver!  Yesterday's visibility was no better than the day before, we were just a bit more comfortable with it I guess.  If that's even possible... we did make it down to 53 feet though.  It was dark and about 0-3 feet of visibility.  We went down under the pier and I managed to see a sea cucumber and some sea anemones and some starfish, but that was about it.  I saw a lot of mud and algae blooms.  It was pretty cool!  I just wish we could have seen more.  On one of the dives, my buddy and I got separated from the group and the current carried us down deeper than we thought we were.  Oops!  Heh... we surfaced and luckily we hadn't gotten carried too far.  Scuba is definitely worth the money though.  I can't wait for the hubs to get certified so we can go diving together.  That will be nice!!  Give me some better vis and a competent dive partner and we are good to go!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Congrats on your certification and the toothie!! :)